Tuesday 28 May 2013

Thoughts

As I was lying around, pondering the problems of the world,

I realised that  at my age I don't really give a rat's ass anymore.

If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.

A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water, but is still fat.

A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years,

While a tortoise doesn't run and does mostly nothing, yet lives for 150 years.

And I'm told to exercise?  I don't think so.

Just grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked,

The good fortune to remember the ones I do

And the eyesight to tell the difference.

Now that I'm older here's what I've discovered:

1    I started out with nothing and still have most of it.

2    My wild oats are mostly enjoyed with prunes and All Bran.

3    I finally got my head together and now my body's falling apart.

4    Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.

5.   If all is not lost then where is it?

6    It was a whole lot easier to get older than to get wiser.

7    Some days you're the top dog. Some days you're the hydrant.

8    I wish the buck really did stop here. I could use a few of them.

9    It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.

10  The world only beats a path to your door when you're in the bathroom.

11  If God wanted me to touch my toes he'd have put them on my knees.

12  When I'm finally holding all the right cards, everyone wants to play chess.

13  It's not hard to meet expenses ... they're everywhere.

14  The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

15  These days I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter... I go somewhere to get something then wonder what I'm 'here after'.

16  Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.


6 comments:

JRB said...

OK; OK; OK …
I admit it, I put my hand up and confess to points 1 -16.

Although, re p2, the only oats I ever see, wild or otherwise, are in my porridge bowl (not a big fan of prunes or All Bran)

:)

subrosa said...

I put my hands up to all of it JRB. :)

Apogee said...

Have to admit to it all, as well.

Joe Public said...

People only have a problem when they fail to recognise they have problems.

With that list Rosie, you must be a wise old owl ;-)

No 10 can be updated to:- 'The Indian Call-Centre rings nearly every time you're in the bathroom."

subrosa said...

I'm surprised Apogee. ;)

subrosa said...

Or cooking Joe. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails