Sunday 31 May 2009

Nigel Griffiths and his Claim for Listening to Scottish Radio and TV



Seeing Mr Griffiths once in a photograph is enough for me, but twice?  Mr Griffith isn't have a good time of it recently between his sordid 'incident' in Westminster and the first exposure of his expenses.

Today further information has been published.  Mr Griffiths claimed £3,604.95 for a television, DVD and digital radio and, when the claim was queried, he wrote "As a Scottish MP, I can only keep in touch with events during the day, which might affect my constituents, by tuning into the Scottish radio stations which the digital set provides.  Like wise, I record the Scottish TV news and Scottish current affairs programmes, which feature issues in Scotland and in south Edinburgh.  In a cramped London flat, flat-screen TV is the sensible option."

The Fees Office were not taken in my this and wrote back to him saying they had not changed their mind.

In November 2004 the MP successfully claimed £9,250 to redecorate the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom in his 'cramped' London flat, £220 for a carpet and £230 for pots and kitchen utensils.  Six months later he claimed again for redecoration and was reimbursed for £4,911.  Mr Griffiths redecorated a third time in 2006 and charged the taxpayer £3,310 which was approved.

So all in all Mr Griffiths' costs, in just over 2 years, for decorating his 'cramped' flat were £17,471.

He must have thought the taxpayers were mugs - he'll soon find out they're not.

14 comments:

CrazyDaisy said...

SR,

Hanging him for a lampost is too good, he needs to be made homeless and see how his constituents like living in poverty.

What is to be done with this behaviour?

Crazy D

Anonymous said...

Great stuff Subrosa..

The little man is a disgrace and £17,000 + for doing up a flat over a few years ?

His excuses for the TV etc was just so Labourish and oink oink.

This is the reason Labour are so hell bent on winning seats in Scotland, they cant just let go of them perks. I hope people do the same to his house as they did to Fred Goodwins.

That will teach the sleaze of Minto street.

Oldrightie said...

Did he claim for the "other" services?

subrosa said...

CD it goes to show we're far too trusting in the characters of the people who put themselves up to represent us.

We should question them a lot more. In fact a questionnaire wouldn't be a bad idea would it?

subrosa said...

Spook we've to to ensure people remember all this at the general election. Hope you had a good day out, I'm stuffed to the eyeballs with food, was just super :)

subrosa said...

OR, I'm quite sure his 'decoration' costs involved a little of a physical element don't you?

Anonymous said...

He's repulsive, but with a majority of around 500 he's gone at the next election anyway.

I emailed him to tell him what a disgusting little pig I thought he was over the incident with the tart, the camera and remembrance day. He did not, of course have the good manners to reply, however, my name was added to his mailing list and I get emails from him from time to time telling me about what he is doing. Like I care, unless it's burning in hell.

I have of course written to him telling him to f off and stop sending me stuff... I wonder if it will work....

McGonagall said...

The UK's political system is broken beyond repair. The troughers won't let go though - they'll have to be pushed.

Tralee said...

Subrosa

To right people should be minded of this at the election, the guy is a theif and a sex pest.

I dont like his eyes, he looks evil.

Had a great day thanks. Never went away but had a few games of fives and lunch up town.

subrosa said...

Good morning Tris. Good for you! Let's know if he answers at all won't you.

subrosa said...

The problem is scunnert the troughing will continue one way or another. Nobody's been charged with fraud as yet and I don't know of any actual police investigations going on about it.

subrosa said...

Morning Tralee. He's a total chancer with a fool of a wife. She ought to get rid of him and take him for every penny she can. I certainly wouldn't allow myself to be humiliated by any man.

Aye it was lovely yesterday and looks the same here today Tralee.

Anonymous said...

Morning SR, how's your poor eye getting on....?

Don't worry. If the disgusting little perv gets in touch in any way I will be sure to let you know... I'll maybe let the police know too. He's a weirdo!

subrosa said...

Morning Tris, I can actually see the screen today and therefore don't need the help of my lovely assistant :) He was getting fed up being my reader for the past few days plus of course he has little interest in politics which didn't help.

I'll buy him a nice bottle of malt for his troubles once I'm safe enough to drive, which may be later today, fingers crossed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails