Sunday 15 August 2010

Changes at the Sunday Post



Over the years I've always enjoyed the few online articles from the Sunday Post, but early this morning I discovered, without warning, that it is now appears to be 'subscription' only. It does seems a little strange that the Inland UK cost of £71.29 is for postal delivery and there is no mention of online access charges.

The site has been redesigned to accommodate the change as there are no longer links to articles and thus thousands of Scots worldwide will be unable to have a more than a glimpse of Scotland's top selling Sunday paper this morning.

The URL is http://www.thesundaypost.co.uk/test-news.htm (the emphasis is mine) so is this an attempt to see if a paywall would be successful?

4 comments:

Apogee said...

Hi SR, this seems to be current

http://www.thesundaypost.co.uk/postindex.htm

think they are trying something out but the times pay wall is not too successful so far.

Dramfineday said...

No loss there than - I prefered the name tag "The Sunday Past". I mean if the bairn was three when I was tweleve and I'm now 58, what the hell age is Grampa?

PS Mrs Dram is like you SR, she likes to cuddle in with the Post of a Sunday, but recently even she has started to grump about "the amount of politics getting into this paper".


Anyway - off for a dram

subrosa said...

Thanks Apogee. I did look this morning but it hadn't been updated.

subrosa said...

I have to confess I seldom buy it these days Dram, only when I'm on holiday.

Too much politics in the SP? The Thomsons must be gearing up for a tory win next year then. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails