Tuesday 22 June 2010

Afghanistan



Once again I have to acknowledge the death of another British soldier in Afghanistan.

He was a Royal Marine from 40 Commando Royal Marines and was killed in an explosion in Afghanistan yesterday.

The MoD spokesman stated "He had been improving the lives of local Afghans and had recently returned from a patrol when he was killed."

I find it hard to express my distress at the losses we have suffered in this war. These men and women appear to be political pawns and they deserve far better.

We have now lost 302 of our armed forces in this war. One of my readers mentioned in comments recently that of course other countries have also lost large amounts of their troops and we shouldn't forget the civilians killed. Britain has sustained the heaviest losses after the US. That is because we have deployed the largest manpower in Europe.

4 comments:

gildas said...

Two more from 40 Commando (RM) today I understand. Oh dear.

Mo said...

I fear a lot more deaths to come. None are acceptable.

subrosa said...

Thanks for the information gildas. I only heard of one on the car radio. I will make amends - he deserves it and his family too.

subrosa said...

Not one Mo, not one. Yet we insist upon being there. Now Obama has recalled Gen. Crystal for telling it as it is.

I admire the man. (McCrystal that is).

Related Posts with Thumbnails