Sunday 19 July 2009

Nursery Rhymes for our Times


Sing along to the tune of Sing a Song of Sixpence. It's Sunday morning and nobody will hear you!

Sing a song of Parliament,
Pockets full of cash.
Fraudulently claiming
then adding to their stash.
With their ploy discovered
They said they'll give it back,
If you or I had done the same
We'd promptly get the sack.

Sing a song of freebies
Snouts all in the trough,
Giving back their ill-got gains
Is just not good enough.
Sponging off our earnings
With a likely tale,
If working folk had done the same
They'd soon end up in jail.

Sing a song of fraudsters
Counting out their money.
They smile and look quite unashamed
As though they think it's funny.
Sitting in a secret place
Counting our their dosh,
Spent on baths and cleaning moats -
Or crisps and orange squash.

Sing a song of MPs
Who took us for a ride,
It's up to us election time
Their futures to decide.
It's gone too far to bring back trust
Of anyone in power,
To most of us they'll always be
A shifty, crooked shower.

14 comments:

Events dear boy, events said...

Very funny. Will we be tuning into Marr?

subrosa said...

Ah Howard, yes of course. I shall put the TV on right this minute, although I set record last night.

Events dear boy, events said...

Sorry I got you up. I am trying to find out why Dannatt was pulled from Marr.

Oldrightie said...

Edbe, pulled because The BBC do not do criticism of Jimmy Snot, do they?

subrosa said...

Seems rather like it you two. I see the BBC page has been altered now Howard.

subrosa said...

You didn't get me up Howard, I was up at 7am as usual.

Goodnight Vienna said...

I enjoyed the sing-along, SR - it was just the thing to alleviate the unremitting gloom of political news.

brownlie said...

There'll no singing of songs on the Sabbath or old Nick will stick red-hot pokers in your bottoms.

PS Did you like your picture?

WV is tarpitch - that will be bubbling away in the back-ground while Satan is busy on your bottoms!

subrosa said...

I'll sing if I want to - wasn't that a song title in the 60s?

I like my picture thank you. The plaster on my left arm and right leg is drying out and the hospital said both may be removed in six months. I really ought to have known better than to attempt that upper jump from one end of the lobby to another.

brownlie said...

You poor dear. You've got my total sympathy as something similar happened to me when we were playing leap-frog in the nudist colony.

brownlie said...

PS I think the song was "I'll cry if I want to"?


WV is peedlish and I know the feeling.

subrosa said...

Hellish when gravity and nimbleness get lost when you don't realise it eh brownlie.

Ah that's the right song. I too understand peedlish. In fact without the L it could become a new word for the Oxford Dictionary. Go for it!

subrosa said...

GV I'm sorry I missed your comment. Happy to lighten a Sunday load away from politics.

banned said...

Happily sang along but there was me thinking this was going to be a post about King Gordon and his fancy new clothes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails