Wednesday 29 July 2009

I Feel an Email Coming On



Lesley Riddoch, the doyenne of Scottish broadcasters, is no longer going to be airing her Riddoch Questions which is broadcast on BBC Radio Scotland each Friday at 1.15pm. Tomorrow will be her last programme.

As well as her broadcasting and interviewing skills, with which she combines tenacity and empathy when required, she is greatly respected by politicians of every hue for her capacity to chair debates fairly and impartially. I have witnessed her in action and so admired her ability to handle the most difficult panel member with a courtesy seldom seen these days.

The BBC emailed her in March to say the programme would be taken off air tomorrow, with the excuse being 'schedule changes.' You can read Lesley's blog post, in which she explains all, here.

As yet I can find no information regarding the schedule changes, but perhaps something will be published once we've had our August dose of programmes advertising the numerous Fringe shows.

Meanwhile I'm off to email the BBC but of course, I do not expect my complaint to bear the slightest weight. All I know is that I'll may feel slightly better after giving them a little piece of my mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The BBC...

Colluded, coerced and controlled by MI-6. MI-6 are the secret government. You know their work indirectly... Opinion polls, vote-rigging, mind-control and false-flag 'kerry-oans' amongst a myriad of 'activity'. Busy wee bees...

The question I'm asking is who runs the R.S.E.A.D.B.?

cynicalHighlander said...

Lesley will be sorely missed as she provided some honesty sadly lacking under the current BBC hierarchy but once we have our freedom then the airwaves will once again sing to the sweet melody of her integrity.

ps whats a "dolybead" my wv?

subrosa said...

More and more stories every day about the BBC FT, yet nothing changes.

subrosa said...

I do hope it's sooner rather than later Highlander.

Some American slang?

Related Posts with Thumbnails