Saturday 21 February 2009

NIKO's ACCEPTANCE SPEECH



As all of you know my Super Seven is only a few of the blog posts which interested me throughout the week;  I don't necessarily agree with the opinions, but I liked the content and/or writing.  It is difficult to decide who should be nominated as part of Subrosa's Super Seven each week.  The committee consists of one tory voter (who usually is only consulted once the decision is made because they have no real interest in Scottish politics) and myself.  In fact I'm wondering why I started it because I'm sure Iain Dale doesn't have to struggle with his conscience for days with his Top Ten Political Blogs!

As my regular readers will know, Niko is a unionist and is so in awe of Gordon Brown that it scares me.  But then I'm not Niko's physco-therapist (perhaps it's Derek Draper), 

Here's Niko's comment about being mentioned in my SSS blogs this week.  Our new Ego-Star!

'First l like to thank my manager and all my family for supporting me. And would like to thank Alex and his crew for giving me so much material.Also AMW for living in run down trailer giving me the expose on his life to win this award...if fact if i thank just about everybody then that should cover it.

Now I am a star(with a stars ego) I should also thank all the little people for reading my blog
'


My response is in the comments.   It's well known I'm not into brown envelopes and sadly sending negatives from the 70s is a waste of time because nobody would recognise me, (so I'm told by friends although I do disagree), but such blatant verbosity is always remembered.

Of course, I must add, grovelling is not acceptable either - I'm a woman and we're too practiced in the art of grovel handling.

Update:  A comment from scunnert who I never considered a groveller and I'm sure he's not, but how's this for keeping in my good books?

'I am overwhelmed - I made the top seven. First I'd like to thank my fellow bloggers for keeping it interesting - my family for standing by me through thick and thin - Google for providing the site - Apple for a cool computer - and last but not least - God - for being on my side.'

11 comments:

subrosa said...

Ooops lost all of the comments for some reason.

So sorry all. Just don't know what happened there and I don't have a clue as to recovery :(

subrosa said...

Wrong post, I thought I'd lost the comments from the SSS post. I really ought to get out more...

McGonagall said...

A groveller? Moi? I am cut to the quick.

subrosa said...

Auch no' yer no' lol Was too good a comment not to post though, especially as that was the topic.

brownlie said...

subrosa

In view of his comment about God being on his side I think scunnert was playing his Bob Dylan music.

What makes you think Niko is a unionist? He's convinced me of the advantages of independence.

subrosa said...

Ha ha brownlie. Must admit, niko's not been going for Alex too much this past week. Maybe his wife's pills are helping him see the light.

subrosa said...

Scunnert, I have amended the post to show my honest opinion rather than trying to be too witty :-)

Nikostratos said...

Just knew you would want to read this

After the crash, Iceland's women lead the rescue

Iceland's spectacular meltdown was caused by a banking and business culture that was buccaneering, reckless - and overwhelmingly male. Business editor Ruth Sunderland travelled to Reykjavik to meet the women now running the country, and heard how they are determined to reinvent business and society by injecting values of openness, fairness and social responsibility


On Bondadagur, or Husband's Day, the menfolk of Iceland are spoiled by their wives and girlfriends, who serve them with traditional delicacies such as ram's testicles and sheep's head jelly, a recipe for which is handily included in the latest online edition of Iceland Review, alongside the latest bulletins on the economic meltdown.


celandic women, however, are more likely to be studying the financial news than the recipes - and more likely to be thinking about how to put right the mess their men have made of the banking system than about cooking them comfort food. The tiny nation, with a population of just over 300,000 people, has been overwhelmed by an economic disaster that is threatening its very survival. But for a generation of fortysomething women, the havoc is translating into an opportunity to step into the positions vacated by the men blamed for the crisis, and to play a leading role in creating a more balanced economy, which, they argue, should incorporate overtly feminine values.

The ruling male elite is scarcely in a position to argue. The krona has collapsed; interest rates and inflation have soared; companies and households which have borrowed in foreign currency are overwhelmed by their debts and unemployment is at record levels. An exodus of young people is feared from the capital only recently held up as a centre of cutting-edge cool. Walking along Laugavegur, touted until a year or so ago as the Bond Street of Reykjavik, the gloom is palpable.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/feb/22/iceland-women

subrosa said...

Thanks niko, a sensible idea at last. The problem with Iceland's banks appears to be they didn't employ bankers, they employed young *ankers who didn't have a clue about the intricacies of banking.

Nikostratos said...

Hand over mouth and a Big Ooeer to that reply Subrosa

subrosa said...

Is it the fact that I said it a sensible idea that's shocked you niko? :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails