Monday 25 May 2009

Award Received with gratitude



I have received this award from a really charming man in Canada Baron's Life.  The following rules came with this prize:

These blogs are exceedingly charming.
These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends.
They are not interested in self-aggrandizement.
Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.  Please give more attention to these writers.
Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly written text into the body of their award.

So now comes the hardest part of this whole thing because I'm very grateful to everyone who reads my blog but I can only choose 8 so here goes:

Brownlie -  just for being you
Pseudepigrapha -  your humour is so much better than mine!
Old Rightie -   so much common sense
Mr Mxyzptik -  a man of unusual letters
Key bored Warrior -  because you call me Rosie
The Big Dollop -  a true Scotsman's view
Advanced Media Watch -  a lad who can sometimes be good at football
Scunnert Nation -  a better friend to me than google

22 comments:

McGonagall said...

Oh oh - thank you for the kind regards Subrosa. The Baron gave me the award as well and i didn't include you on my list as I saw that you'd already got it.

Anyhow - you're the tops with me always :0)

subrosa said...

I knew you were on Baron's list but glad you didn't mind being on mine too :)

Baron's Life said...

Congrats to all
Winston Churchill

subrosa said...

Congratulations to you too Baron. You start my day with a smile - the two of you from 'over there'.

Sophia Loren

The Big Dollop said...

Rosa.

Knowing you have so many followers of your excellent blog I am truly humble that you have included me in a list along with the seven other bloggers whom you have nominated as being "meritworthy".

Thank you.

brownlie said...

Rosie,

O gin I were a Baron's heir
And wad I braid wi gems your hair
And mak ye braw as ye are fair
Lassie, wad ye lo'e me?

PS: enjoy your nice meal!

Anonymous said...

He He.... congratulations on the well deserved award SR.

subrosa said...

BD it's not the amount of followers that matters, it's the quality of your regular readers and mine are just the bestest!

subrosa said...

What job were you doing when you composed such verse Brownlie? Your c & E work or were you in the fields? :)

subrosa said...

Tris, I think Baron's kindness is because he knows I struggle along and I need encouragement at times. Lovely gesture though.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Subrosa, well i do have a good left foot i suppose..!!

brownlie said...

I suppose I'll have to do one on my blog now for the occasional lost souls who pay a visit.

subrosa said...

Oh dearie me Brownlie, was the wee free sermon not stimulating yesterday? Of course there was all this talk about people insisting they knew about each others sex lives - must be hard knowing that for an islander :)

subrosa said...

Spook, I have never asked you personal questions but interesting to know about your ambidextrous feet. Get cracking and list your blogger friends!

brownlie said...

subrosa,

My sex-life is a blank page waiting for you to write on it.

brownlie said...

I had to write another comment cos the wv is "buggiali" which nearly describes my sex life.

Anonymous said...

SR... well, I rather doubt that... "Subrosa" and "struggling" aren't two words I'd readily associate! But it's typical modesty I guess... and it wouldn't be you if it weren't.

Conan the Librarian™ said...

Thanks subrosa, appreciated.

subrosa said...

Must be our presbyterian upbringings Brownlie when we were told sex lives finished at 50 :(

subrosa said...

Tris, honestly I do struggle at times, especially when I'm short of time and angry. Thankfully you kind folks put up with it.

Baron's Life said...

Sophia Lauren....you made me laugh and the comments on this post really made my evening today....LMAO Love the new Scotish slang...bestest...
SEX finished at 50...what SEX...am I mising something here....I thought you were Presbyterian...lol
Keep up the good stuff Subrosa and forgive thoase who offend you cause they know not a good thing when they see one....and Lassie...you're GOOD

subrosa said...

You know Baron, I met Sophia Lauren a couple of times. She ate so little I was amazed she didn't collapse with malnutrition.

Related Posts with Thumbnails