Sunday 3 April 2011

A Three-Year-Old And An Itchy Nose



This video is my choice of music but if you prefer something a little more 'adult' MicroDave's choice is below.

Let me introduce you to three-year-old Jonathan conducting to the 4th movement of Beethoven's 5th symphony.  Beethoven gives me an itchy nose too.  Do watch it through to the end - it's worth it.

This recording is originally conducted by Herbert von Karajan and the Berliner Philharmoniker orchestra.




'The Duel' from the film Electric Dreams.  Being a 'retired' cellist I confess I have liking for this  piece and for the film.  It would be easy to criticise Virginia Madsen's imitation of a cellist but that would be unkind.  I'm never purposely unkind on Sundays.

10 comments:

WitteringsfromWitney said...

If that lad really is three then there is a conductor in the making! Absolutely delightful SR, thank you.

subrosa said...

I wouldn't say he's more than 3 or 4 WfW. It's the reaction of the parents at the end that I also like - the way they join in with the hilarity.

Joe Public said...

MD's suggestion of 'The Duel' reminded me of the other cinematic musical duel - the banjos in 'Deliverance'.

Sue said...

I've never been a fan of classical music. I like a dance and singalong. At that age my girls were bopping to the Spice Girls!

subrosa said...

Strangely enough it did me too Joe.

subrosa said...

I was brought up with classical Sue and the White Heather Club - something you may be very wasn't inflicted upon you. :)

microdave said...

Thanks for the "plug" Rosie. Electric Dreams must have been one of the first films I rented on VHS, and I subsequently bought the soundtrack album (the 12" LP variety), which is still on the shelf just across the room from where I'm sitting. I must dig it out and have another listen - assuming the record deck still works, that is!

Sue said...

Nope, never heard of them. My mum was a Beatles fan and later the Rolling Stones, Hendrix, Doors and Janis Joplin.

I was brought up on a healthy diet of rock and roll!

I do like a bit Mozart sometimes but only the really heavy stuff!

subrosa said...

Think yourself lucky Sue. :)

Fortunately once I left home I quickly developed a love of rock and roll and it still excites me to this day.

subrosa said...

My deck is in the attic MD but I'm sure it is in working order - if I can remember how to set it up.:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails