Wednesday 14 July 2010

Scottish Roundup - Who Is Eligible?


SCOTTISH ROUNDUP

I've been asked by Caron to write this week's Scottish Roundup and was curious to know who is eligible, as it's described as: 'The best of Scottish blogging every week'.

Without a statement of eligibility I've compiled my own:

Anyone who blogs from Scotland
Anyone who is Scots and blogs from anywhere

But how do I define a Scot? Is it like the FA when I ask for proof of your great-granny's place of birth or do you need to have been born here? I know plenty folk who were born in far-off lands (no, I don't mean England!) to Scottish parents yet consider themselves Scots. Also there are those who have 'adopted' Scotland as their home, or has Scotland 'adopted' them?

As this week's editor I've ensured qualification is simple. Repeat 'it's a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the nicht' five times, then email me your favourite post of the week (address at the right hand side). It can be one you've noted when browsing or one from your own blog.

Don't be shy. Make a pensioner happy by saving her hours of blog-browsing. May I take this opportunity to thank the hundreds of you in advance.

5 comments:

Demetrius said...

Tracking back Peter Mandelson's descent from Grandad Herbert Morrison there is incidental evidence of Scottish origins early in the 19th Century. How Scots would you regard him? On looking into it I was delighted to find that one of my lots had an ancient feud with his lot.

Stewart Cowan said...

'Scottish Roundup', is it, SR? Well, they don't roundup round my neck of the blogosphere.

I was born and bred in Scotland. My parents are Scottish. I live in Scotland. My name is Scottish.

I am Scottish.

I don't wear a kilt or say, "Och aye the noo, Jimmy," but I am a Scotsman.

So, how come 'Scottish Roundup' has never heard of me?

It's a mystery.

subrosa said...

Oh Demetrius, I hope some of my lot were on your lot's side.

subrosa said...

The mystery will be resolved on Sunday Stewart.

Stewart Cowan said...

Thank you :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails