* Will Simon Mann stand by his testimony to a court in Equatorial Guinea that Mark Thatcher was part of the "management team" for the coup?
* Will the mercenary also continue to insist that Ely Calil, the reclusive Lebanese oil billionaire, was "the Cardinal" – the powerful businessman who originated the coup plot?
* Did the CIA blow the whistle on the coup attempt to protect the interests of American oil companies?
* Did the Spanish authorities give tacit approval to the plan to replace President Obiang with Severo Moto, an opposition leader in exile in Madrid?
* What knowledge did Britain have of the plans for the coup and did London seek to warn the Obiang regime of what was happening?