Wednesday 9 September 2009

Shame on Gaddafi



This is a still of pictures shown on our broadcasting services tonight of Al Megrahi, the Lockerbie bomber, being 'introduced' to African leaders. A propaganda news item obviously ordered by the head of government.

I found the televising of the event sickening to say the least. Al Megrahi has allowed himself to be used as a monkey while the organ grinder, Gaddafi, continues to display him as some kind of trophy. Scotland's Justice Minister released him on compassionate grounds. Libya doesn't seem to understand the meaning of compassion or have any respect for the political meaning of the release.

Gaddafi has shown the world his true character in this matter, but we mustn't mention it must we? That would be putting our all-important trade links with Libya at risk. Speak about the tail wagging the dog ...


8 comments:

CrazyDaisy said...

SR, Me thinks you is being to emotive, he is probably doing it for the care of his family when he's croaked it, and I'd do the same.

Sad but true....

CD

subrosa said...

Who? Megrahi? Then it shows he is the monkey CD, but many have said that before.

Gaddafi is a disgrace ordering this type of public display.

True, I do get emotional.

Oldrightie said...

We should have placed him in a hospice and Gadaffi pay to bring the family here.

subrosa said...

The family did live here OR, in Newton Mearns on the outskirts of Glasgow. They seemed to go between Libya and Glasgow constantly but I read somewhere recently they were having problems getting visas for the UK.

Can you imagine the disruption that would have been caused to a heavily populated part of Scotland if he had been placed in a hospice?

Hospices are few and far between and there is a lottery for places in each and every one.

I'm sorry, I disagree with you there.

Vronsky said...

Watching this Libyan circus, I wonder if Megrahi might now be feeling that he would rather have remained in a Scottish jail.

subrosa said...

That crossed my mind Vronsky. I wonder if he really understood he was going to be used as a human souvenir.

GoodnightVienna said...

I read in one of the Sundays that Megrahi was actually being cared for at home and only shuttled into hospitals for photo opps. Sounds right to me, cynic that I am.

subrosa said...

That wouldn't surprise me GV. My own father would have preferred to die at home but my mother said she couldn't cope with strange nursing staff being in her house day in and day out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails