Saturday 22 August 2009

Saturday Smile


The Things Children Say

OPINIONS

On the first day of school, a first-grader handed his teacher a note
from his mother. The note read, 'The opinions expressed by this child
are not necessarily those of his parents.'


POLICE

It was the end of the day when I parked my police van in front of the
station. As I gathered my equipment, my K-9 partner, Jake, was barking,
and I saw a little boy staring in at me. 'Is that a dog you got back
there?' he asked.
'It sure is,' I replied.
Puzzled, the boy looked at me and then towards the back of the van.
Finally he said, 'What'd he do?'

ELDERLY

While working for an organization that delivers lunches to the elderly ,
I used to take my 4-year-old daughter on my afternoon rounds.
She was unfailingly intrigued by the various appliances of old age,
particularly the canes, walkers & wheelchairs. One day I found her
staring at a pair of false teeth soaking in a glass. As I braced myself
for the inevitable barrage of questions, she merely turned and
whispered, 'The tooth fairy will never believe this!'


DEATH

While walking along the pavement in front of his church, our minister
heard the intoning of a prayer that nearly made his collar wilt.
Apparently, his 5-year-old son and his playmates had found a dead
robin. Feeling that proper burial should be performed, they had secured
a small box and cotton batting, then dug a hole and made ready for the
disposal of the deceased.
The minister's son was chosen to say the appropriate prayers and with
sonorous dignity intoned his version of what he thought his father
always said: 'Glory be unto the Faaather, and unto the Sonnn, and into
the hole he goooes.' (I want this line used at my funeral!)


BIBLE

A little boy opened the big family Bible. He was fascinated as he
fingered through the old pages. Suddenly, something fell out of the
Bible. He picked up the object and looked at it. What he saw was an old
leaf that had been pressed in between the pages.
'Mama, look what I found,' the boy called out.
'What have you got there, dear?'
With astonishment in the young boy's voice, he answered, 'I think it's
Adam's underwear!'

4 comments:

Baron's Life said...

Good morning or good evening Miss MacGorgeous...I needed the laugh you provided today..Thanks Darling...you're a Doll..you just restored my faith and belief that Scottish people have a great sense of humor...I was getting depressed thinking all you guys talk about is depressing stuff (Gloom and Doom)...good on you for the this post...enjoyed it
Cheers luv and take care Miss Subrosa MacGorgeous
Your Canadian Friend

subrosa said...

Good morning you lovely man. I'm so pleased you smiled. Life seems so serious these days but we must make time to smile.

Lallands Peat Worrier said...

Particularly liked the funeral scene myself, and the trinity one spirit short. Splendid.

subrosa said...

I rather liked the opinions Lallands, I'm sure there are many mothers who would like to be brave enough so send such a letter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails