Sunday 12 July 2009

Scottish Transport Extravaganza - Glamis Castle


If you've never been to Glamis Castle in Perthshire you've missed an interesting day out. This weekend it's even more exciting with the 35th Scottish Transport Extravaganza taking place in the vast grounds.

Yesterday I spent a few hours there and, as always, was humbled to see the tender love and care put into the preservation of all the types of transport on show. Unfortunately I didn't see half of what was on offer because I spent too much time looking at vintage cars.

Here are some photographs Fitaloon took earlier in the year during a visit to Glamis. My apologies if I'm sounding like a Visit Scotland representative!

3 comments:

banned said...

Never been to Glamis but I did stay at Ardverikie some years ago.

Cate Munro said...

Love it! I'm off to the golf in Turnbury next weekend! Can't wait! ;-)

subrosa said...

You'll enjoy yourself TP. I may tag along to the practice sessions because I find I see more on TV on match days.

Much depends if any other women are going because I don't like to be the only person of grace and charm . :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails