Wednesday 1 July 2009

Newnight Scotland's PP Poll


Last night's Newsnight Scotland had a report on a BBC Scotland poll (Popular Politician) which asked who was the most popular leading politician in the UK.

Good Bad Neither/Didn't know

David Cameron 21% 36% 43%

Gordon Brown 37% 33% 31%

Alex Salmond 52% 18% 30%

The result leaves no doubt that Alex Salmond continues to enjoy the support of over half the Scottish population. It was also interesting to hear the excuses from the unionists who were invited to comment.

Unfortunately, because I use a Mac, I can't download the clip from iPlayer, but perhaps Peter at Moridura may help with that in the next day or so. He's a dab hand at the downloads.

7 comments:

RantinRab said...

Complete nonsense! It only shows that Salmond had the support of over half of those questioned! And, let's face it, he doesn't have much opposition!

Looking forward to your post about the poll result that showed that 54% of Scots are against independence...

RantinRab said...

By the way, I'm in a mischevious mood! :-)

subrosa said...

I can tell Rab, I can tell lol. I'm not doing a post about the poll result of the 46% who are pro-independence Rab, other bloggers have done it and they're much more into number crunching than me.

Glad I posted this one though - it certainly stuck yer blood pressure up for a few minutes. :)

RantinRab said...

It did! They'd be as well conducting a poll asking would you like to be
a) Shot
b) Stabbed or
c) Punched...

And not being funny or owt, but only 38% were pro-independence!

Bed time for me!

subrosa said...

Quite a difference from the 23% usually quoted by the unionists thought Rab.

My blanket will be warm now so I'm off too. Sleep tight.

banned said...

Time they started differentiating between 'don't know' and 'neither'; 30+% may be saying 'none of the above' rather than 'don't give a toss'.

subrosa said...

I would agree with you banned. Too simple to just have a heading like that.

Wonder how many don't give a toss? Less than 5 years ago I would think.

Related Posts with Thumbnails