Saturday 9 May 2009

Tweet Extra

Tweet Extra

I've just noticed Major Phil Packer has been using Twitter during his fantastic effort to walk the London Marathon.  He finished today and I'm sure you'll not mind reading a few of his tweets during his campaign to raise £1m for Help the Heroes.

Just home & absolutely delighted to be joined today by Major Pete Norton GC,a double amputee, who is an absolute inspiration to me.Great day
Just when i thought it was going to be a dry-eye day,i am being joined by Joe,the Army Padre who stayed with me the night i was injured.Feeling shattered today,but looking forward to walking past the Tower of London.Meeting my Surgeon & Consultant tonight; owe them so much.

7 comments:

Cate Munro said...

Seeing him walk through the finish line today was a very special moment. Made me very humble. Thanks for sharing ;-)x

May return soon..fuckety fuck. said...

oh subs, im so proud of major packer..he truely is a trooper and a hero. BRAVO and WELL DONE, Mj. packer!

subrosa said...

I'm delighted for him OB and he's going on to do other things. Hold on I'll find the link...
http://tiny.cc/Yjbty

Amazing courage but soldiers do have this extra strength. It's the ones who suffer mentally who suffer more I think because that restricts their confidence.

subrosa said...

Aye TP made me feel very inadequate. I do hope he raises his £1m.

subrosa said...

Oh TP, it's quite shameful really that the MOD aren't paying for ALL of the redevelopment of Henley Court. It's a wonderful place, I spent a few months working there many years ago but they had very few facilities.

It was shameful in the first place not to have a swimming pool. All this came about after these women complained at having the amputees in 'their' local pool if you remember.

Ted Foan said...

I've already seen this on this other blog sites but thanks for promoting it, Janet. The more people that publicise his efforts the better.

subrosa said...

Who else has a tweet extra? Tell me Ted! I'll then be able to sue them for copyright and live an MP's lifestyle for the rest of my days :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails