Tuesday 17 February 2009

WESTMINSTER RECESS - WHERE'S YOUR MP?




Yesterday I made my weekly visit to the library.  It was busy but then it's usually quite busy on a Monday afternoon.  Also it was noisy, not just people asking for computer time or others flicking through newspapers, but unusually noisy, as in people singing, children yelling and infants crying.

Once I'd finished gathering my reading for the week, I decided to source the rowdiness and found a room full of toddlers frantically running amok whilst several mums, some with crying infants, sat around singing nursery rhymes led by one of the young librarians.

In the midst of this organised pandemonium sat my MP Pete Wishart pitching in (excuse the pun) with the mothers' singsong. You will all know Pete used to be part of Runrig and perhaps if he'd brought a keyboard along the wee ones may have paid more attention to the efforts of the adults!

So, my MP was certainly earning his crust today, where was yours?

6 comments:

Henry North London 2.0 said...

Runrig That brings back memories of the hippies and the christian fringe at Uni, should I say Godsquad or not?

Having said that I better trawl this weekends paper and see where our delightful LD MP is and what she is up to.

subrosa said...

Don't know about Pete and the Christian fringe henry, but it's some years now since he left Runrig.

They have a concert in Scone Palace in August and it's already booked out so shows their popularity has held up.

Godsquad's an ok word - I think so anyway.

Calum Cashley said...

Here you, are you not supposed to be a Dundee wifie? PW your MP means Tayside North ...

subrosa said...

Calum, I wis born in Dundee, cannae help that bit :) I'm no' that far fae it either, but PW is my PM so you're right, I'm in his Perthshire constituency.

When I returned to Scotland I realised I just couldn't live in Dundee. For me it had lost its heart and soul. I still think it's been so damaged by that roadbridge being put right through the centre, plus the rest of the disgusting planning decisions since the early 60s.

Henry North London 2.0 said...

Dundee is Dumpdee Have they knocked down that Texas latterly Homebase next to Tesco on the Riverside yet?

subrosa said...

Not that I know of Henry. They should knock down the lot in my opinion. What other city has a supermarket and hotels in such prime positions? Plus of course, I should have added such badly designed and cheap looking hotels.

Related Posts with Thumbnails