Sunday 27 September 2009

Our New Type of Tourist



Britain relies on tourism to keep the economy afloat, now that successive governments have destroyed our manufacturing industries.

Now we have a new type of tourist arriving on our shores - 'bankruptcy tourists'.

Bankruptcy tourism is becoming so popular that a company is now helping insolvent Europeans to travel and live temporarily in the UK. Lenient laws mean that foreigners can live in Britain, file for bankruptcy and leave with the slate wiped clean after just 18 months.

Laws in other European countries make it tougher to lose bankruptcy status.

In Germany you remain bankrupt for anything between 7 and 9 years, in Ireland you can remain 'undischarged' for at least 12 years.

I came to England because I have debts, credit cards debts. It's not my fault I have these problems, it's not my fault I'm in this situation.

Klaus Schmidt

Isn't Britain wonderful?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails