Friday 17 April 2009

We Paid for His Spin



Peter Mandelson, along with Geoff Hoon visited the Knockhill racing circuit yesterday.  They were 'demonstrating' the effectiveness of electric cars.

It's my understanding that these cars can't do more than 50 miles without a recharge. That counts me out because I'd never manage a trip to Dundee or Perth without requiring a charge on the way home.

I do hope someone looks into the details of the makers of these cars and who their major shareholders are.  Of course, I'm a cynic. Then again knowing what I know now about nuclear companies...

As a person who has enjoyed the odd day out at Knockhill I'm offended these individuals possibly gained free access and to rub salt into the wound, the fans of Knockhill paid for their wee jaunt and that includes me.  I wonder how many will complain if the entrance fee increases.

 Mind you, Mandelson looks like a stupid wee laddie in the photo doesn't he?  I still don't feel better.

13 comments:

Faux Cu said...

What was the carbon footprint to truck these two cars up to Knockhill for these Hoons to have their photo op?



Still the supplicant Scottish Media bent their collective knee and gave it good coverage.

Hanging is too good for them.

ps Sub R, do you ever read your e-mails?

subrosa said...

My dear FC yes I do read my emails. It's been a busy few days with a 50ft norwegian spruce being cut down in the garden. I shall reply as soon I as I have some brain energy. I promise.

Rosie

wee folding bike said...

They could just get a bike. There are even two bike bike manufacturers still in the UK, Brompton and Pashley. Raleigh don't make them in the UK anymore and even Sturmey-Archer has moved to Taiwan.

Spent the evening stripping and greasing a front brake while the memsahib was out.

Anonymous said...

Subrosa never mind reaching Perth or Dundee, the only 2 top up points in Scotland are in Glasgow.

Mandy is years behind with this and i wish his ugly face was not in that Mini, i have a Mini myself and all my car cred has just died.

Oldrightie said...

That was a very Queen like and smug wave. I'm not talking about a great Lady he is not worthy to wear ermine for. Subrosa, I feel sick.

subrosa said...

Sorry Oldrightie, I shouldn't have used that picture, I too feel nauseous when I look at it. Mind you, he does look a prat doesn't he?

Daniel1979 said...

Krankies go driving

CrazyDaisy said...

Subrosa,

He's a first class idiot a shyster, a fraud and clearly the fact that he's still breathing leaves a lot to be desired. He's as big a knob as Buff "Hoon" who's with him - dumb and dumber spring to mind.

Again two individuals who've wormed and slimed their way into positions of power despite being barely adequate as human beings.

Anonymous said...

I don't know who I feel sorrier (is that a word?) for.... Mandleson having to spend the day with the slimey toerag 3 homes Hoon.... or Hoon, having to spend the day with the multi-salaried noble aristo Mandy.

The advantage of the pic is that it makes Baron Mandleson look even stupider (is that a word?) than he usually looks. My favourite picture of him was when he wore that green stuff on his face.

subrosa said...

Aye Tris, he hasn't done much for his image with that photo has he. I hear you mumble 'what image'...

subrosa said...

CD it just goes to show you don't need any intelligence to get on in the labour party. All that is required is the ability to say yes and bend over.

JPT said...

We pay for everything.

subrosa said...

Dan that's a good one except I liked the Crankies :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails