Tuesday 7 April 2009

Job Hunt Easter Style



I thought this was an April Fool but it's not.  Tomorrow in the Southwark offices of Jobcentre Plus contractor, Skills Training Centre uk, around 150 jobless will be asked to search for 35 chocolate eggs hidden around the building.  Among the gifts laid on courtesy of James Purnell will be an application form to become a security guard, a licence to work on buildings sites and vouchers to buy an interview suit.

Catrina Lynch, the manager who has organised the event said, "It is not meant in a demeaning way.  It's going to be fun.  My idea has always been to show people that there are jobs out there."

Who's paying for this? We are of course.  I can well imagine if this idea was attempted by any job centre in Dundee; they'd soon be told where to stick it.

Courtesy of Obnoxiotheclown

7 comments:

Nikostratos said...

I think its demeaning in fact Fuc#ing demeaning..does refusing to take part impact on those who are claiming benefit and seeking employment...

Problem is if the torys get back in power there is going to be a lot more of this kind treatment to the Unemployed and those on any benefit...


James Purnell I hates him I rate him as a Tory.

subrosa said...

Oh Niko, there are as many right right wingers in the labour party today as there are in the tories.

I thought it was the SNP you detested?

I like that wee laddie Derek Brownlie though, he's efficient and definitely going places. Have I said that before?

Faux Cu said...

Nuts

McGonagall said...

I agree with Niko - f*cking demeaning.

subrosa said...

It's not only demeaning gentlemen it's also degrading isn't it. The manager dame must be desperate to get her target figures and obviously will stop at nothing.

Vronsky said...

I'm on Jobseekers allowance at the moment. Hate to disagree, SR, but I think that organising little games down at the Jobcentre is a wonderful idea. I'd have other games, though. Hide Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling in one of the cupboards, and set us all off to find them. Somewhere else some cable ties have been hidden, and if you can find the ministers, and the cable ties, and then get the cable ties really tight around the ministers' throats, you win a little prize. Now where's the harm in that?

subrosa said...

Oh Vronsky I sympathise with you. But wouldn't the money be better spent bringing local businessmen into a job centre or as you say having a proper game of hide and seek and kill?

No harm in it whatsoever. Just to spend money on boosting one woman's target figures with such a stupid idea is beyond belief. I much prefer yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails